President Kiir, Museveni Strengthen Bilateral Ties, Pledge Regional Stability

Image
President Kiir, President Museveni and VP. Bol Mel.  ‎South Sudan’s President Salva Kiir Mayardit and Uganda’s President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni have reaffirmed their commitment to strengthening bilateral relations and promoting regional peace and security. ‎ ‎During their meeting in Juba, the two leaders discussed pressing political and security issues affecting both nations and the broader East African region.  ‎ ‎The discussions covered a range of topics, including South Sudan’s upcoming elections, ongoing peace efforts, and the need for deeper economic collaboration between the two neighboring countries. ‎ ‎Focus on Political and Security Stability ‎South Sudan’s Foreign Minister Ramadan Mohammed Abdallah Goc stated that the meeting aimed to enhance cooperation in multiple sectors while addressing the political developments currently unfolding in the country.  ‎ ‎With South Sudan preparing for its first post-independence elections, Uganda’s continued support is seen as...

seventy IDPs Stormed And Occupied The Compound Of Torit County Commissioner Demanding Assistance







More than 70 conflict-displaced people on Wednesday stormed the office of Torit County Commissioner and occupied the compound to demand aid assistance.

The compound of Torit County Commissioner Eastern Equatoria State has been occupied by over 70 Internally Displaced Person.

The displaced people are mostly women and children sheltering in the residence of the Torit County Commissioner. They hail from Omorwo village of Bur Payam.

The displacement came after a conflict that erupted last year mid December between Omorwo and Ohilai community.

Betty one of the displaced person said that: “we came here to get help. We don’t have carpets, blankets, mosquito nets, and even there is no food and clothes.”- Betty.

Another displaced person known as Jokomina said the conflict left many people with out homes.

“I came here because of the conflict that is disturbing us. When these people clashed, I was there sick… I came here because I am suffering. Even when we were coming, I was helped; they carried me.”-Jokomina. 

The Sub-Chief of Omorwo Boma said that the government did not help with food aid and non food items ever since the conflict erupted. 

“We brought the report to them, and they even went to our village there and took pictures of the burnt houses and foodstuffs, but nothing has been done. Our situation is bad, and our children are suffering there in the bush,” John Emilio.

The Torit County Commissioner also gave his part of the story confirming that indeed 75 displaced people are now demanding assistance.

He defended himself by saying that he indeed tried seeking for assistance to the IDPs but no humanitarian support is availabe at the moment. 

“I was just surprised by the coming of the displaced persons from Omorwo, mostly women and children. They just came and stormed the office and occupied the compound, saying that they are suffering,” Torit County Commissioner.

“We have written letters to humanitarian agencies so that they can intervene, but nothing has been done; that is why they came in large numbers,” he added.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

South Sudan National Security Officer Dies by Suicide in Magwi County, Eastern Equatoria State ‎

Tensions Rise as SPLA-IO Officers Defect to Government Forces

Raila Odinga Blocked from Meeting FVP Dr. Riek Machar as South Sudan Crisis Deepens, FVP Under House Arrest Amid Probe into General’s Killing ‎