Top Opposition General Joins Government Forces in South Sudan

Image
‎A senior opposition army officer has left his group and joined the government army in South Sudan. Brigadier General Adnan Alex Boboya, who was part of the SPLA-IO (the main opposition army), said he has decided to support peace and work with the South Sudan People’s Defense Forces (SSPDF), which is the national army. ‎ ‎Speaking in Yei River County, Gen. Boboya said, “I am doing this for the good of my people and my country. It is time for peace. We, as soldiers, should protect our communities, not fight them.” ‎ ‎Government army leaders welcomed him and encouraged other opposition fighters to stop fighting and talk about peace. ‎ ‎This comes just days after over 600 SPLA-IO soldiers also joined the government side. ‎ ‎But some people are worried that these changes could cause more problems for the peace agreement signed in 2018 between President Salva Kiir and opposition leader Riek Machar.  ‎ ‎There are also reports that Riek Machar is being kept at home and not allowed to move...

President Kiir And Dr. Riek Machar Talks Postponed Again




Top Trending News: 





The much awaited meeting between President Kiir and Dr. Riek Machar will be done today, an official said. 


The meeting 'in question' between the two leaders of South Sudan was to discuss the dismissal of the Defense Minister. 


The much awaited meeting was supposed to occur earlier this week but was postpone till Thursday. 


WHY THE MEETING? 


Just last week President Kiir fired Defence Minister who is also the wife of Dr. Riek Machar, He also fired Interior Minister Mahmoud Solomon in a presidential order. 


The president also when a head and swapped the two ministries, meaning Defence Minister was taken away from Dr. Riek SPLM-IO team and given the Interior Ministry. The move is a blatant violation of the 2018 peace agreement


So the The First Vice President had no option but to meet and discuss the reasons to why his party member was dismissed, and why swap the two ministries? 


Dr. Riek Machar acting Press Secretary told the media that the meeting was delayed again following a request from the president. 


“The meeting has been adjourned until Friday 10th March based on the request of the President. According to the information we received, the president wants to visit the family of the presidential advisor for peace, David Reath Malual, who passed away this week.” Baluang said. 


“We hope that the two leaders will meet tomorrow and agree on the implementation of the peace agreement.” he added.



Comments

  1. He have to stop sacking ministers otherwise it will cause war again, and to bring peace is very hard my fellow citizens of South Sudanese he has wrong advisors

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

South Sudan National Security Officer Dies by Suicide in Magwi County, Eastern Equatoria State ‎

Tensions Rise as SPLA-IO Officers Defect to Government Forces

‎SPLM-IO Accuses Government of Violating Peace Agreement, Calls for AU Intervention ‎